This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
- Fall Contributions: All Fellows must submit 1-2 curriculum contributions during July.
- Fellows Training: All Fellows must attend Fellows Training during the last week of August.
- Spring Contributions: All Fellows must submit 1-2 curriculum contributions in early January.
- Fellows Training Refresher: All Fellows must attend a 1-2 day spring training during the first week of spring classes.
- URS Reception: URS celebrates a successful academic year with a reception at the end of April. All graduating or non-returning Fellows are asked to speak.
Requirements to Apply as a Fellow
- Four or more semesters of college by the beginning of appointment
- Good academic standing
- One year (or 2 semesters) of research/creative work experience
- Must enroll in Inter-LS 315 (Mondays 4:30 – 6:30 pm) for the fall semester.
- Must be available on Wednesdays from 4:00 to 6:00 pm
- First year Fellows must register for Inter L&S 315: Paradigms and Process in Academic Inquiry during the fall semester (only). This two credit seminar is from 4:30 to 6:30 pm every Monday.
- Attend regular staff meetings from 4:00-4:45 pm on Wednesday afternoons before seminar.
- Partner with another Research Fellow to lead a small group of 15-18 URS students who will gather from 5:00-6:00 pm on Wednesdays to discuss issues related to research and share strategies on successfully managing early college years.
- Plan seminar objectives with co-fellow and develop a syllabus for these activities during the training module.
- Provide guidance to and keep regular contact with URS Scholars.
- Serve as the link between the URS Staff and the Scholars.
- Represent URS at various campus functions.
- Participate as needed in the general operation of the URS Program.
Inter LS 315: Paradigms and Process in Academic Inquiry
- All new Fellows are required to register for this 2-credit seminar only during the fall semester on Mondays from 4:30 to 6:30 pm.
- This course will provide new Fellows with the chance to develop and challenge the way they think and learn to better conduct their mentoring in Inter L&S 250.
***Application is Currently Closed***
- For a detailed description of the position see URF Position Description 2019-20.
- Applications open in mid-December and close in mid-February.